Waiver/Release for Communicable Diseases Including COVID-19
In consideration of being allowed to participate in a Junior Astros Lacrosse program, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, certifies and agrees that:
1. My participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness, injury, and death does exist.
2. If I have a pre-existing health condition, exposure to COVID-19, or any other infectious disease may be more likely to cause serious illness, injury, or death;
3. Junior Astros Lacrosse cannot ensure that all other participants, including coaches and volunteers, are taking precautionary measures to mitigate risks to ensure the health and safety of other participants, coaches, and volunteers, and therefore, participation in a Junior Astros Lacrosse program involves risk of exposure to infectious disease; and,
4. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
5. I certify that I have not recently tested positive for, and am not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, headache, chills, muscle or body aches and/or sore throat.
6. I certify that I do not have a household family member/roommate who has recently tested positive for or exhibited the above-referenced symptoms of COVID-19.
7. I willingly agree to comply with all recommendations provided by Junior Astros Lacrosse to ensure safe play. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest coach, staff member or volunteer, or official immediately; and,
8. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Junior Astros Lacrosse, and their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, volunteers, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all illness, injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I have read the release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, and fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.